Seeking active, motivated individuals with a desire to become involved in community service.
The Rural Alaska Community Action Program (RurAL CAP) may have an opening for VISTA member positions with the Council Management Program starting in November 2005. VISTA is a full-time, year-long Community Service program for men and women 18 years of age and older
This program recruits and trains individuals to serve in their community for one year. Members are based in City offices and assist with grant-writing, computer training and community development.
Members work full-time with the City and are supervised by a local administrator. Members serve as active and involved members of their communities in order to generate local solutions to local problems. Members help with grant proposals, computer training and other activities that strengthen the management and administrative capacity of their city.
• Must be at least 18 year old.
• Willing to make a 1-year, full-time commitment.
VISTA Benefits Include:
• Living allowance of $995 per month.
• Education award of $4,725 or a $1,200 cash stipend upon successful completion of service.
• Health insurance and child care assistance based on eligibility.
• Technical training in grant writing, computer systems and community development
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must pick up an application form the City offices. The deadline for submitting your application to the City offices is September 21, 2005.