Part-time: 13 hours per week
Pay: $11.75 per hour
Reports to City Manager
Apply to: City of Seldovia, P.O. Drawer B, 148 Dock Street, Seldovia, AK 99663
City Application Required. Call 234-7643 for further information
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
• Assist the City Manager and the Fire Chief in the preparation of the City Fire Department budget.
• Prepare and submit to the City Manager and appropriate agencies the annual Fire Marshal’s report, the state Forestry Wildfire Incident Report, and other reports.
• Perform required record keeping for training, personnel files for volunteer personnel, maintenance records, radio license, and vehicle registration records.
• Present fire prevention classes to the school and others as needed.
• Publicize forestry burn orders, fire prevention education information, and other public notices.
• Insure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, maintain records to continue status as a registered fire department with the State of Alaska Fire Marshal, and submit ANFIRS reports and other required reports to State Fire Marshal’s Office.
• Perform routine maintenance checks on fire apparatus and equipment.
• Purchase and maintain firefighting supplies and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned by the City Manager.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with fire and emergency medical services.
• Possession of an Alaska Driver’s license.
• Previous experience as a member of a fire department or emergency medical services organization or equivalent.
• Experience with MS Word, MS Publisher, and Excel.
• Requires sitting for various periods of time, mixed with bending and reaching.
• Involves the operation of various office equipment.
• Ability to go up and down ladders.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.