The City of Seldovia is seeking assistance from past and present harbor users, community members, and other interested individuals in order to consider and prioritize the harbor repair and improvement options. However, according to Seldovia’s project engineering company, Michael L. Foster & Associates, there is not enough funding to restore the harbor to its original condition, let alone make any major design improvements. The city is asking survey respondents to prioritize the various options according to what they feel to be in the best long term interest of the community.
You may participate in this survey in a variety of ways.
- Survey forms will be distributed to all city ultility customers in their next mailed billings. You may return your completed survey form:
- by mail to:
City of Seldovia
P.O. Drawer B, Seldovia, AK 99663
Attention: Ronda Haynes
- by fax to (907) 234-7430 Attention: Ronda Haynes
- by mail to:
- You may download the three portions of the survey here, and print out the survey response form. Once you have completed the form, you may mail it or fax it to the city as above. You will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these files.
- If you prefer to return your completed survey by email, you will also need to download this response form, fill it in, and email it back to the City Office at email@example.com. Here are detailed instructions on how to do this:
- Right-click on the response form link (Mac users: click and hold mouse button) and choose "Save target as" from the menu. Choose a place to save the file where you can find it again.
- Open the file (it is a plain text file). Fill in the form by typing directly into the form. When you are finished, save the file.
- Choose "Edit|select all" to highlight the entire contents of the file. Then choose "Edit|copy".
- Open your email program and address a blank email message to the city. Make the subject of the email: "Harbor survey." Place your cursor in the body of the email message and choose "Edit|paste" to paste your completed survey in the email message. Hit send.
- If you prefer and are familiar with the procedure for doing so, you may instead attach the completed and saved text form to an email message.
Thank you for taking the time to help the Seldovia City Council make sure that this harbor project suits the needs and preferences of the community and the harbor users!